To start, check out:
- To get more in-depth information, continue with the documentation below or if you want to see who is using Write-Back and our blog please visit our website.
- The extension is commercialized as a yearly subscription, use these links to purchase a license or request a trial (signup and login in the marketplace are necessary).
- Back end: Write the data to your database technology of choice.
- Usability: Intuitive UI allowing any user to submit his data and easily configure new use cases.
- Security: Write-Back is deployed on your own infrastructure so you have full control on security policies, besides that it is compatible with multiple authentication mechanisms making it ideal to integrate on your infrastructure.
- Audit tracking: Historical actions performed by the users are fully traceable in a relational database so you know exactly who did what.
|Intuitive UI configurable for many use cases|
|Add, edit and delete entries|
|No need to know SQL, all database management tasks, including creating tables, are handled automatically.|
|Write to a separate data set, original data is never changed|
Local deployment (on-premise or cloud) *
Active Directory \ LDAP authentication
|Tableau Server authentication|
|Any action regarding data or configuration is audited|
|Microsoft SQL Server|
|Amazon Redshift *|
|Administration & Embedding|
|Dedicate tool for managing configuration and administration|
|Theming mechanism so you can adjust Write-Back look regarding logos and colors|
|Dedicated installer for upgrades and fisrt installations|
|Available REST API to submit data automatically|
* Although these analytical databases are fully supported they are not ideal for the Write-Back use case that is more operational (OLTP), using them can lead to performance issues.